Time: 15.3.2018 17:40-19:20
Place: Games for Health Finland suite
10 facts on patient safety (Source World Health Organization: http://www.who.int/features/factfiles/patient_safety/en/)
Patient safety is a serious global public health issue. There is a 1 in 1 000 000 chance of a traveller being harmed while in an aircraft. In comparison, there is a 1 in 300 chance of a patient being harmed during health care.
- Patient safety is serious global public health issue
- One in 10 patients may be harmed while in hospital
- Hospital infections affect 14 out of every 100 patients admitted
- Unsafe injections decreased by 88% from 2000 to 2010
- Delivery of safe surgery requires teamwork and good communication
- About 20%-40% of all health spending is wasted due to poor-quality care
- A poor safety record for health care
- Patient and community engagement and empowerment are key
- Most people lack the access to appropriate medical devices
- Hospital partnerships can play a critical role
Come and see gamified prototypes to promote health and get new ideas to new patient safety solutions. During the conference there is a possibility also participate to eHealth2018 Game Jam. Try on new role in development and accept this challenge! You have possibility to hack the humanity challenging you to create technologies to address local and global issues. More information: here
This workshop is organized by Human Security Finland (HSF). A network of organisations focused on business and innovations for development, with core competencies in food, health and environmental security and ICT for development. Human Security Finland is driven by the premise that business partnerships are the key to sustainable development in crisis regions, fragile states and developing countries. The network consists of private companies, research, educational and nongovernmental organisations and financiers, that together congregate competence to create holistic solutions with partners in target regions. Human Security Finland is the gateway to finding new partners, new products and solutions or testing new innovations.